MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETING OF L. A. WATER COOPERATIVE HELD OCTOBER 24, 2019 AT THE GASTON FIRE HALL.
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Wicks, Ken Aberle, Tom Gunn, Linda Fountain, Lisa Dutz, and Mike Steffl.
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT: Malcolm Moreno, Mark Franzen, Amber Morgan
STAFF PRESENT: Kyle Culley
STAFF ABSENT: Kris Conway, Patricia Carr
MEMBERS PRESENT: None
This meeting of the L. A. Water Cooperative Board of Directors was called to order at 6:00 PM by Don Wicks, Chairman.
Secretary’s Report: The minutes of the August 2019 meeting was presented in writing.
Motion by Tom Gunn to accept the minutes. Seconded by Ken Aberle. Voted and passed.
Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer’s report was not available.
Don Wicks asked that Amber Morgan send out the report next week.
He also asked that she provide a comparison of actual expenditures versus budget.
Business Manager’s Report: The business manager’s report was not available.
Linda Fountain reported that door hangers had been put out for accounts past due 61+ days. The response had been good.
Field Manager’s Report: The Field Manager’s Report was presented by Kyle Culley.
MOTION by Ken Aberle to accept the Field Manager’s Report as presented. Seconded by Tom Gunn. Voted. Passed.
- Emergency call-out for a customer leak on Roy Jean Lane.
- Started the Parmele Road project on upper Laurelwood Road.
- Repaired a vale enclosure at the Poppy Drive pump station.
- Performed valve locations throughout the system.
- Performed a locate on the upper Laurelwood line.
- Performed a line locate and leak detection on Parmele Road.
- Pot holed for a PRV site on Laurelwood Road.
- Started a water tap on Bald Peak Road for a member activating their certificate.
- Met with the new Yamhill County Commissioner Casey Kulla
- Installed a PRV on Laurelwood Drive.
- Worked on two significant leaks. One on Quail Run (180,000 gallons per month) and the other on Southwind (17,000 gallons per month). Dan’s Leak Detection was called but still cannot find the leaks.
- Next Month’s work: hydrant removal, leak detection throughout the system, Bald Peak/Laurelwood Road
- replacement 1-inch monitor meter with a 2-inch, install three 4-inch PRVs on Laurelwood Road.
- OAWU rate Study:
Tim Tice responded stating he will be running the analysis against out operating budget plus a contingency of $144,000 and capital improvements of $150,000.
Tim Tice requested water loss data for 2018.
- Parmele Project Update – covered in Field Manager’s report.
- Laurelwood line extension project: covered in Field Manager’s report.
- Ananda Development – no update.
- Hydrant replacements: noon pulled this month, worked on leak detection.
- Easement LaSalle Pump Station: Waiting for a response from member.
- Quail Run and Southwind Drive Leaks – covered in the Field Managers report.
- Leak Credits: Will be presented next month.
- Jet Pay: A goal has been set to have Jet Pay installed and ready for bill paying in December 2019
- QuickBooks – A goal has been set to have the clean up projects suggested by the CPA completed by December 31, 2019 in preparation for QB On-line January 1, 2020.
- Ananda Development – Kris Conway discussed the 150 acres to be divided into 30 lots over the next three years and the ability of the current system to supply water. Ananda leadership told Kris Conway that a prior board member had verbally approved water service which we now cannot deliver. Kris Conway to talk with Ananda leadership to let tem know the information given to him in the past is not accurate and the community will have to submit 30 water requests forms as any other new user would. Any pump station or reservoir needed will be at the expense of the Ananda community. Kris Conway, Patti Carr, and Linda Fountain to define what is needed.
MOTION by Tom Gunn to adjourn at 6:30 p.m. Seconded by Mike Steffl. Voted. Passed.