MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETING OF L.A. WATER COOPERATIVE HELD MAY 26, 2022.
Board Members Present: Linda Fountain, David McAdams, Don Wicks, Amber Morgan, Ted Leach, Ken Aberle, Lisa Dutz
Board Members Absent: Tom Gunn, Megan Corvus
Staff Present: Laurie Lago
This meeting of the LA Water Cooperative was called to order at 6:00pm by Don Wicks, Chair
Secretary’s Report – The minutes of the April 2022 meeting were presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Amber Morgan . Seconded by Ken Aberle. Voted & Passed
Treasurer’s Report – presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Amber Morgan. Seconded by Dave McAdams. Voted & Passed
Operation Manager’s Reports – Business, Field, and Water Loss Reports presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Amber Morgan . Seconded by Linda Fountain . Voted & Passed
- Field Report – Report presented in writing is below:Pit PRV’s – Replaced second PRV on Pit Road, adjusted pressures and replaced meter shut off valve on a broken meter valve while water was down.
- New Meter Taps – tapped 2 new meters for certificate holders.
- PRV Project – crew spent time reviewing and cataloging all PRV locations and sizes, as well as performing landscaping maintenance around the PRV’s, in preparation for rebuilding or replacing as needed.
- Landscape Maintenance – Everything is growing, so landscape maintenance around reservoirs and pump stations are requiring more time.
- Mainline Re-alignment in Rock Quarry – Lawyer is working to make contact with owners to discuss their lack of attention to this matter.
- Service Line – abandon and move – Discussion on next steps.
- Accounting Information – Contact an accounting firm other than Jones & Roth to schedule an audit. Also look into a local accountant to do a quarterly review of the books.
- Insurance Policy Renewal Update – informed of changes to policy and property values. Look into earthquake and board coverages for next meeting.
- CIP Projects – written list of projects submitted and discussed. Operations Manager to meet with Engineer to discuss moving forward.
- Trailer – Discussion on whether to keep or sell the spare tilt trailer.
Motion to adjourn by Ken Aberle. Seconded by Amber Morgan. Voted & Passed
Meeting Adjourned at 7:45pm