MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETING OF L. A. WATER COOPERATIVE HELD NOVEMBER 21, 2019 AT THE GASTON FIRE HALL.
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Wicks, Mark Franzen, Malcolm Moreno, Tom Gunn, Linda Fountain, Lisa Dutz, and Mike Steffl.
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT: Amber Morgan, Ken Aberle
STAFF PRESENT: Kris Conway, Kyle Culley, Mason Childers, Laurie Lago,
STAFF ABSENT: Patricia Carr
MEMBERS PRESENT: Cam Dutz
This meeting of the L. A. Water Cooperative Board of Directors was called to order at 6:00 PM by Don Wicks, Chairman.
Secretary’s Report: The minutes of the October 2019 meeting was presented in writing.
Motion by Mark Franzen to accept the minutes. Seconded by Lisa Dutz. Voted and passed.
Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer’s report was not available – Defer report to next meeting.
Amber Morgan sent 2020 operating budget to Don Wicks and Kris Conway for review.
Business Manager’s Report: The Business Manager’s report was presented in writing.
Motion by Mark Franzen to accept the Business Mangers Report. Seconded by Tom Gunn. Voted and passed.
Field Manager’s Report: The Field Manager’s Report was presented by Kris Conway.
MOTION by Linda Fountain to accept the Field Manager’s Report as presented. Seconded by Tom Gunn. Voted. Passed.
- Parmele Road project on Laurelwood Road was completed. One member was moved to continue service.
- One member with extremely past due account was turned off. Upgraded Laurelwood line from Bald Peak to the bottom of Laurelwood. Completed 11K under budgeted amount.
- Installed a PRV on Laurelwood Drive.
- Master Plan will be updated, some items on the master plan were able to be completed during the Parmele project.
- Worked on severe weather plan, NOAA is expecting a harsh winter.
- Worked with Amber Morgan on 2020 operating budget.
- Met with JWC and received a tour of the new water treatment plant..
- Met with new Hillsboro Water Director and Tacy Steele regarding new rates.
- Hydrant project put off due to Parmele project, will be going back to that project .
- Water Loss Table presented and showing on track to be 6 million gallons less loss than last year.
- Restarting leak detection on the whole system going grid by grid.
- OAWU rate Study: No response from Tim Tice.
- Hydrant replacements: Stopped to work on Parmele project, restarting in December.
- Easement LaSalle Pump Station: Approved by member, all items rec’d and ready to be recorded with the county.
- Jet Pay – RVS Programming: CD received and will be loading soon and working out details.
- Quickbooks: Multi or Online, leaning towards multi-user with server. Chart of Accounts needs updated for new year. Work with Pedro to develop, although use Pedro’s time wisely.
1. Leak Credits – Motion by Tom Gunn to approve. Seconded by Mike Steffl. Voted and passed.
2. Hillsboro Water Rate and SDC Review – 2.6% increase in Jan. SDC rates reduced, pass on reduced saving to customers.
3. Inactivating water certificate – A member is requesting to inactivate a meter. If member wants to inactivate a meter, they can, just make sure they are aware they will need to pay the current disconnect charge and the current re-install fee when reinstalled. Motion by Tom Gunn to approve allowing members to inactivate their meter. Seconded by Mark Franzen. Voted and passed.
MOTION by Tom Gunn to adjourn at 6:50 p.m. Seconded by Mike Steffl. Voted. Passed.