MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETING OF L.A. WATER COOPERATIVE HELD September 28, 2021 VIA ZOOM ONLINE.
Board Members Present: Linda Fountain, Don Wicks, David McAdams, Amber Morgan, Tom Gunn, Lisa Dutz, Ken Aberle
Board Members Absent: Malcolm Moreno, Megan Corvus
Staff Present: Laurie Lago
This meeting of the LA Water Cooperative was called to order at 6:13pm by Ken Aberle, Vice Chair
Secretary’s Report – The minutes of the August 2021 meetings were presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Amber Morgan. Seconded by Linda Fountain. Voted & Passed
Treasurer’s Report – Presented in writing.
Motion to approve subject to contact Jones and Roth to adjust accounting for Gaston Bridge Project by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Tom Gunn. Voted & Passed
Operation Manager’s Reports – Business, Field, and Water Loss Reports presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Linda Fountain. Seconded by Dave McAdams. Voted & Passed
Field Report – Report presented in writing is below:
Operations Manager has been doing daily rounds, locates, meter reads, data pulls and covering all on call hours for the past few weeks while we had no field staff. Other than the usual day to day issues, no major leaks or issues have arisen that required immediate repair.
New employee (Nick Barnett) started on 9/13 and has jumped on a few pump issues that were needing addressed and is getting familiar with our system.
1. Customer water usage limits and rate information – bring back next month for voting.
2. Mainline Re-alignment in Rock Quarry – In Process
Motion to Approve and send after typo on page 2 is corrected by Dave McAdams. Seconded By Linda Fountain. Voted & Passed
3. Service Line – abandon and move – lawyer to send a deadline letter to customer.
1. Leak Credits
Motion to approve – Tom Gunn. Seconded by Don Wicks. Voted & Passed.
2. Messenger certificate – duplex with 2 certificates and 1 meter
Motion to approve return of certificate – Tom Gunn. Seconded by Don Wicks. Voted & Passed. Abstained: Ken Aberle
3. Jordan Reservoir Access Road – request to partner with us to build a new access road to Jordan reservoir that we now access through the neighboring nursery, also requested a water certificate on over capacity Jordan reservoir with possible exchange for reservoir site
Motion to deny by Tom Gunn. Seconded by Lisa Dutz. Yes vote: Linda Fountain, David McAdams, Tom Gunn, Lisa Dutz, Ken Aberle. No Vote: Don Wicks, Amber Morgan Absent: Malcolm Moreno & Megan Corvus. Voted & Passed.
1. 990 Form – Motion to approve Tom Gunn. Seconded By Dave McAdams. Voted & Passed
Motion to adjourn by Don Wicks. Seconded by Ken Aberle. Voted & Passed.
Meeting Adjourned at 7:44pm