MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETING OF L.A. WATER COOPERATIVE HELD JUNE 23, 2022.
Board Members Present: Linda Fountain, David McAdams, Ted Leach, Ken Aberle, Megan Corvus
Board Members Absent: Don Wicks, Amber Morgan, Tom Gunn, Lisa Dutz
Staff Present: Laurie Lago
This meeting of the LA Water Cooperative was called to order at 6:00pm by Ken Aberle, Vice Chair
Secretary’s Report – The minutes of the May 2022 meeting were presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Linda Fountain. Voted & Passed
Treasurer’s Report – presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Ted Leach. Voted & Passed
Operation Manager’s Reports – Business, Field, and Water Loss Reports presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Linda Fountain. Seconded by Dave McAdams. Voted & Passed
Field Report – Report presented in writing is below:
- Parmele Leak – Main line leak on Parmele Rd, customers out of water for a short period.
- Withycombe Pump – Pump caught fire at Withycombe. Motor failed. HPS replaced motor and pump was re-installed within a few days.
- Laurelwood Drive Leak – Leak on Laurelwood Drive. Large section of pipe with PRV, valves and pressure gauges were leaking from several PVC joints. Crew re-did the whole section in galvanized and brass. With the angles and high pressures in that area, the PVC joints will not hold.
- Muddy Gulch – One VFD panel blew. Brightside Electrical has ordered a replacement and will install when it comes in. With only one pump in operation, we have Rossman only calling for water from the Albertson ladder until we can get Muddy Gulch back to full operation.
- Springhill/Laurelwood Leak – Car blew stop sign at the intersection of Springhill and Laurelwood road and landed in the field across the road and on top of a meter box. When the tow truck pulled the car out, he caught the meter box and broke the lines on both side of the meter. Line was fixed live the next day, so we did not have to shut down water to anyone except the house the meter belonged to. Insurance claim with the car owner’s insurance has been filed.
- Poppy Pumphouse – One of the pumps has been rebuilt and re-installed. Pressures are holding much better. But while installing the pump, it was discovered that a valve control which regulates the pump was stuck in an open position. Nick worked during night hours to see if he could clean it and get it working again without success. The only way to replace that part is to shut down the entire pumphouse, putting most of Laurelwood out of water, so the work will be done at night when the part arrives.
- Mainline Re-alignment in Rock Quarry – Lawyer is working to make contact with owners to discuss their lack of attention to this matter.
- Service Line – abandon and move – Written Update Provided
- Accounting Information – see attached information
Motion to locate local CPA to review and clean-up QuickBooks by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Linda Fountain. Voted & Passed
- Audit – motion to defer audit to 2023 by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Megan Corvus. Voted & Passed
- CIP Projects – deferred to next month
- Insurance Coverage – directed to get additional quotes on certain coverage
- Trailer/Tractor – determine price on selling the JD tractor with attachments & trailer
- Customer requesting to sell back an Inactive Certificate.
Motion to approve by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Megan Corvus. Voted & Passed
- City of Hillsboro SDC Increase effective July 1, 2022
Motion to increase our New Certificate Fee by the amount of Hillsboro’s increase, making the new certificate fee $21,431.00 as of July 1, 2022 by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Linda Fountain. Voted & Passed
- Unpaid Inactive Fee for 2022 Inactive Certificate – Motion to send customer letter both regular mail and certified that they have 60days to pay the overdue invoice or they forfeit their certificate by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Megan Corvus. Voted & Passed
Motion to adjourn by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Ted Leach. Voted & Passed
Meeting Adjourned at 7:15pm