MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETING OF L. A. WATER COOPERATIVE HELD May 25th, 2023, AT THE GASTON FIRE HALL.
Board Members Present: Don Wicks, Amber Morgan, Dave McAdams, Linda Fountain, Lisa Dutz, Tom Gunn, Ted Leach, and Terry Wymore.
Board Members Absent: Joel Mulkey
Staff Present: Jason Bayne and Matt Thompson
This meeting of the L. A. Water Cooperative was called to order at 6:00 PM by Don Wicks, President.
Secretary’s Report: The minutes of the March 2023 meeting were presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Amber Morgan. Voted and passed.
Treasurer’s Report: No Treasurer’s report available due to lack of staffing.
Business Manager’s Report presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Dave McAdams. Seconded by Terry Wymore. Voted and passed.
Cetera paperwork was finalized. Linda Fountain to send to Cetera secured website on Monday, May 29.
Operation Manager’s Reports: presented in writing.
Motion to approve by Amber Morgan. Seconded by Dave McAdams. Voted and passed.
Jason Bayne had reviewed the CDs from the previous tank dives. He has a list of 4 high priorities.
Jason Bayne is working on getting and easement for the Jordon Reservoir and getting it recorded.
Had a representative out from Sensus.
- Mainline Re-alignment in Rock Quarry. Will upgrade from a 4-inch pips to 6-inch pipe. The new pipe will go through the existing fill. Quarry offered to pay for the pipe only. It was decided taking them to court will cost the Coop at least $50K with no guarantee of winning. Jason to get a gid for the project and get the easement filed in Washington County.
- Langley line has a leak. Waiting for a quote on materials.
- Matt Thompson gave a demo of the mapping system they are now using on their phones. They can update the maps in the field.
- Westside Rock Quarry Update.
- Dump trailer has been purchased and the flat beds traded in.
- Time limit on water meter installation for new water certificate – 60 days? Board asked to have the current procedure updated. Board also asked if Gagalios had paid for their approved water certificate. They have not yet paid. Copy of update is included in the board packet for review and approval.
- Jet Pay limit increase – currently $500. Office Assistant, Joan Gilman, suggested increase to $500.
Motion by Dave McAdams to increase the limit to $1,500. Seconded by Ted Leach. Voted and passed.
- Jones and Roth filed for an extension for Form 990. Linda Fountain secretary contacted Jones and Roth and found out they do not start work on this form until late September. They are too busy during the tax season. Linda Fountain asked to be their point of contact since there have been staffing changes. The new Business Manager will be tasked with reevaluating our CPA firm.
MOTION to adjourn by Linda Fountain. Seconded by Amber Morgan. Voted and passed.
Meeting Adjourned at 6:47 P.M.